Saturday, July 24, 2010

Blessings and Relaxation...

This is me, one of the other nurses and one of the most wonderful haitian drs-Dr Bourde.
This was our crowd that awaited us on Friday at the clinic.
This is me in pharmacy at our Ft Liberty location.
This is the helicopter coming to pick up Deb and Dr Kara-Deb was flying out on Sat to go home and Dr Kara, who is here long term was heading back to the other compound.


After the intensity of our clinic site on Thurs, the Lord blessed us with a site on Friday that provided some amazing breezes. What a praise! We were once again in a new location called Ft Liberty and we were not aware that a food distribution was going on at the same time we were supposed to be there. So let's just say when we arrived, it was complete chaos with people everywhere and already a line of people sitting and waiting for us to arrive. I spent the day doing pharmacy stuff so I could learn as much as I could before being on my own next week. It was non-stop action all day but once again I was so thankful for our interpreter Charles who helped me so much! We had some great laughter and it was a blessing to get to work with Deb and Dr Kara one last time before they were heading out.

I think one of my struggles is feeling like I am just providing medical care alone and not spiritual care too...we have had some opportunities to pray for people but my prayer for this week is that I would be more diligent in doing that, no matter how long the line is that is standing in front of me. And I appreciate the willingness of Tiffany to encourage us to do that as well. We are hoping to use one of our interpreters, Marc-Elie, to go around and minister to people while they are waiting whether its praying for them or telling them stories about Jesus.

Friday evening was dinner and then a meeting with the staff concerning disaster training including what to do in different situations like robbery, kidnapping, abduction, hurricane, etc. It was very informative and very good for anyone who travels. I so appreciate SP's intentionality with having specific rules and guidelines in place in case of any of these events.

Today, I was excited to get up and NOT have to put on scrubs (they are SO hot!). But we did have to go through and organize meds, re-stock things and even re-do some things that would be helpful for the next teams. I also printed off an eye chart for them to use for the drivers...they thought it would be good to make sure all their drivers can see! ! : ) That is probably a good thing! And then we got to lounge around, had another amazing dinner and then played some volleyball on the beach, with the huge generator providing us light. The sand here is black and covered in rocks so one of the staffers had payed some boys to clear all the rocks so they could set up a volleyball court. SO FUN!! I am so thankful for great community here and an amazing diversity of people from all over the world as well as people with a mile long list of missions experience. Then after the volleyball game, I showered under a full moon! I so love it!

Tomorrow is everyone's day off so we are headed as a group to an island to hang out and veg all day which will be amazing!

Please continue to pray for the Lord to prepare me for this next week...I have some anxiety about it but I know that I need to trust that the Lord has given me everything I need for life and godliness! Here is a good word from the Lord... (Isaiah 42:5-9)

This is what God the LORD says—
he who created the heavens and stretched them out,
who spread out the earth and all that comes out of it,
who gives breath to its people,
and life to those who walk on it:

6 "I, the LORD, have called you in righteousness;
I will take hold of your hand.
I will keep you and will make you
to be a covenant for the people
and a light for the Gentiles,

7 to open eyes that are blind,
to free captives from prison
and to release from the dungeon those who sit in darkness.

8 "I am the LORD; that is my name!
I will not give my glory to another
or my praise to idols.

9 See, the former things have taken place,
and new things I declare;
before they spring into being
I announce them to you."

No comments:

Post a Comment